Veterans of Foreign Wars
The VFW Post 2046 will meet on the 2nd Tuesday of each month except July and August. The meetings are held at the Army & Navy Club, 1090 Main St. at 6:30pm
Eligibility: You are a veteran who has received a campaign medal for overseas service; served 30 consecutive or 60 non-consecutive days in Korea; or have ever recieved hostile fire or imminent danger pay.
20 Amercian Legion Dr. Manchester, CT 06040
Eligibility: You are currently on active duty anywhere in the world, have served honorably in any of the following eligible war eras. National Guard and Reservists, having been federally activated (including basic training), during these same war eras also meet eligibility requirements. Eligible war eras are:
- August 2, 1990 to present (Gulf War/War on Terrorism)
- December 20, 1989 to January 31, 1990 (Panama)
- August 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon/Grenada)
- February 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam)
- June 25, 1959 to 1955 (Korea)
- December 7, 1941 to December 31, 2946 (World War II)
- April 6, 1971 - November 11, 1918 (World War I)
Army Navy Club
1090 Main Street, Manchester CT 06040
Eligibility: You are an American citizen, have been discharged under honorable conditions from the military forces of the United States or have served on the ships of the Merchant Marines from December 7, 1941 to August 15, 1945. Active members of the military may join, dues free, until released from duty. The Army Navy club is a local club with no national affiliation.